[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "The Opera House Internet Cafe" <theohic at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Very slow redirects in 1.231
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:58:37 -0400
I hate to resend something that i had previously sent,  but i never got any
replies.  and am getting desperate for an answer.

after switching from 1.22 to 1.231 I had noticed a problem with redriects
from the Captive Portal login page,  Our customers would enter in their
login info,  and the CP Login page would sit there for 10-60 seconds,   the
status bar in IE or Firefox would say "Waiting for 192.168.0.5" (our mono
server).  after 10-60 secodns,  the page would redirect and they could go on
about their business.

after much tinkering/trial/error/coffee  i realised that the CP was
authenticating me immediately,   if i clicked the submit button then
switched to a command line,  i could ping out.  so it was definately the
$PORTAL_REDIRURL$

My boss,  being much less computer literate,  and thus able to immediately
see the problem,  said "Try going back to 1.22"  so i did, and lo  and
behold,  the problem doesn't happen.    it does happen in 1.23 and 1.231.

Of course the obvious answer is "Well just stick with 1.22"  alas,  i also
have issues with 1.22.    unless i reboot monowall every morning,   it stops
giving out DHCP addresses at some point during the day.  and it randomly
starts letting specific static IP's through the captive portal without
authenticating.

Anyone have any ideas about why this would happen? and if there is a
solution (other than sticking with 1.22)

thanks

--Matt