[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Dead m0n0Wall, HELP
 Date:  Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:35:34 -0400
To All:
Help, HElp, HELp, HELP!!!!!!!!!!

My m0n0wall has died.  I downgrade from 1.32b to 1.231.  It was running fine.  I move the firewall
from the front of my house to the back of my house.  I used a old extension cable to connect my DSL
modem from the front of the house to back office.  I created a 2 port vlan on my Dell GB 8 port
switch.  From there I connected the vlan to the m0n0wall box.

It looks like it works like a charm for about 5 to 10 minutes and then fails, I loose all
connectivity.  I first noticed it when so automated FTP transfers started failing.  This first
started happening on the 1.32b but the server never just failed.  It was like I lost the connection
and it reconnected.

Now the m0n0wall box is completely unstable on the current stable build,  does anyone have any
thoughts?  There is nothing in the event log on the server or in the hardware logs?

I don't know where to start, I have a limited freebsd knowlegde and trouble shooting a issue with
hardware and operating system for my is very difficult.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
RC