[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>, "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Dead m0n0Wall, HELP
 Date:  Sun, 1 Jul 2007 00:36:38 -0400
Additional information:  After starting to pull my m0n0wall box apart I
found 2 dead ethernet adapters.  On smealt of burnt plastic, the other had
burnt traces that could be seen.  they where in between the layers.  It
appears that with all the storms we have had lately we had a voltage spike
that got both nics.

I am still working on the server to see if is still functional.  My business
web and ftp services are not up at the moment.  This is causing some
problems for me.  I have been using m0n0wall for a while now.  I am going to
try pfsense because I have it on CD and had burnt a image.  If this fixes
the problem with the server I will drop back to m0n0wall and restore my
config files to the server.

RC