[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: replacing a dead m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:20:13 -0600
On 7/1/07, Ron Carter <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net> wrote:

>  What would you recommend for a replacement m0n0wall hardware?  I have 4
> full time tunnels with serveral clients.  Any one got any thoughts?
> RC

Depends how many clients and your bandwidth requirements. Soekris makes some
great low-power hardware and the new net5501 should handle close to wire
speed on a 100 mbps connection. If you need more than that you could look at
some mini itx hardware.

For more on this topic you can look at the monowall
handbook<http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook-single/>sections
1.4.2 and 2.5 as well as the Hardware section of the monowall
forum<http://forum.m0n0.ch>.
If you have any more specific questions after that I'm sure the list would
be happy to help.

db