[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: replacing a dead m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:20:13 -0600
On 7/1/07, Ron Carter <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net> wrote:
>  What would you recommend for a replacement m0n0wall hardware?  I have 4
> full time tunnels with serveral clients.  Any one got any thoughts?
> RC

Depends how many clients and your bandwidth requirements. Soekris makes some
great low-power hardware and the new net5501 should handle close to wire
speed on a 100 mbps connection. If you need more than that you could look at
some mini itx hardware.

For more on this topic you can look at the monowall
1.4.2 and 2.5 as well as the Hardware section of the monowall
If you have any more specific questions after that I'm sure the list would
be happy to help.