[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: replacing a dead m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:28:55 -0400
After more digging and finding burnt traces on the systemboard, I ended up
horsetrading some hardware.

I ended up with a 3 GHZ p4 d with 2 GB nic's and a gb of ram, two 160 GB
sata 3.0 drives (Dell SC440).  I know it's overkill but I think that it will
do really good as a firewall that can be rolled into a mail server or
someother type of server.  The new box will be here before the 16th of july.
I will let you know how it runs.

RC