[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Smith <jvin248 at gmail dot com>
 To:  Rendra Basuki <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [Fwd: Re: [m0n0wall] Please help newbie] - monowall is up, now what?
 Date:  Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:02:51 -0400
Rendra,

1. When you switched LAN/WAN (cables and monowall settings only, not
swapping cards physically on the motherboard) you could access the
Monowall Gui with the PC on what was previously the WAN? If so then
hardware and cables should be ok.
2. This should be correct as you state.  Another test though, if you
connect the pc to the DSL modem (using the same cable you were using to
the monowall WAN from the DSL modem) does the pc get an IP address via
the modem's DHCP server? On the Monowall WAN setting screen where you
have DHCP selected, also uncheck the "block private networks" (as
suggested in the email thread) - if you are actually using 1.1.1.1 for
testing then this may not be the cause.
3. Try this: http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/config-interfaces.html
4. DNS from either your ISP or "opendns.com" (see the right side of
their home page for two addresses).
5. You should be able to use your other servers later to hand out LAN
DCHP and DNS information - but I'd use monowall until you can get it
working (fewer variables to debug).  I think unchecking the "block" box
above may be the most helpful at this point.

John