[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Bertrand <iaccounts at ibctech dot ca>
 To:  Aaron Freeman <aaron at pccreations dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reverse DNS/Exchange 2003
 Date:  Sat, 07 Jul 2007 17:12:24 -0400
Aaron Freeman wrote:
> I have an email server running behind monowall. I am starting to get blocked emails due to the
fact that the recipients mail server thinks the email is coming from x.x.x.34 (monowall address) the
mail server resides at x.x.x.37 . Is there a configuration change I can make on the monowall?

Why not just add a proper rDNS entry for 34?

Aside from that, if 37 is behind a NAT and is on the same subnet as the
WAN interface, you really should disable NAT and it won't translate to
the 34 address.

A description of your physical layout in conjunction with a logical
layout would be helpful here.

For instance, what interface is your mail server connected to, and what
is the subnet of the WAN, and mail server interfaces?

Steve