[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Harbert, Orange Broom" <harbert at orangebroom dot com dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS forwarder problem
 Date:  Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:40:46 -0300
Hi all,

I have been trying to investigate my DNS forwarding problem.
In the logs I am seeing this:
dnsmasq[1150]: nameserver 200.19.74.21 refused to do a recursive query

So it looks like I have to search the problem in the dnsmasq, but nowhere
are options to alter here something.

I already changed machines and NIC's and with both v1.2 as v1.3b2 I have
this prob.
I did notice that only 1 of the 3 DNS servers gives this response, all DNS
servers I get via DHCP on the WAN side.
Is there maybe a solution to eliminate the faulty DNS server?
Plz shine a light over this weird problem.....

Greetz,

Harbert