[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  WLS WLS <wlstaxpayer at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  the dreaded DHCP relay...
 Date:  Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:05:23 -0400
So I have been reading the forums and archives and have seen many questions about DHCP Relay.
However I have not found a solution to my problem.you can view my setup jpeg at:

http://www.arphost.net/lan.jpgOK. Not really important but my WAN side is all NAT'ed to Several WAN
ip addresses. There are a few incoming connections that are NAT'd as well. I have a Cisco 5505 where
the m0n0wall box is and it is doing the job great. I want gig between all subnets and a blade is
quite costly for the catalyst. SO My problem is I have a DHCP server sitting on the LAN. It is a
win2k3 box. It works fine. I have all of the scopes defined correctly. In a cisco device you use the
command IP HELPER <ip address of DHCP server> and all DHCP requests work fine across the router for
ALL subnets ( This is how I can verify the scope settings). When the m0n0wall box is there, the
requests get blocked from the 2 OPT X interfaces. I have firewall rules setup to allow ALL traffic
with ALL protocols and have tried all variations of such with no luck. On the logs, the packets are
getting denied by the firewall when there is a allow all rule. What I want is for the OPT X clients
to have un-firewalled traffic to the LAN and all interface go out through the NAT on the WAN. Also
several IP's need to be mapped to various servers on the LAN interface with specific ports only.
This is all done and works prefectly! Ths only problem is the DHCP relay. I cant figure this out.
Any help would be appreciated. If you need more info just please ask.Thanks, Adam
Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it!
http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01