[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  Sean Hogan <sean at perusesoftware dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple subnets
 Date:  Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:12:42 -0700
It's usually not ideal but works well in a pinch/lab/etc.

I use it for testing things a lot -
layer2 is often costly - to connect three computers you could use a
single layer 2 network (unmanaged switch, a hub, a vlan) and mix layer 3
networks.  The performance and security tradeoffs are much too high to
use this as a production solution (usually).  It also has the benefit of
me not chasing around outlets and wall warts when I want to test out a
routing protocol... :-)

layer3 networks are usually just configuration tasks. :-)

Sean Hogan wrote:
> Hmm... I did not know you could have multiple addresses on a Interface...
>
> -Equin

route both blocks to my OPT1 interface?