[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Harbert, Orange Broom" <harbert at orangebroom dot com dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS forwarder problem
 Date:  Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:41:06 -0300
Hello all,
I recently installed M0n0wall on an old IBM P200 system, all successful and
all is running fine.
Now I am getting a strange problem, when I start a pc (does not matter which
one) it functions normally. After a few minutes it does not resolve any web
anymore.
If I manually enter the DNS servers into the IP configuration from the PC,
it works fine (because I bypass de DNS forwarder from M0n0wall)
I looked at all options, enabled/disabled DNS forwarding, rebooted machine
several times, but this continue to happen.
Any body an idea where I can resolve this problem? I have seen the problem
is reported before, but no resolution for this problem.
My setup:

M0nowall v 1.3b2
IBM P200MMX 96Mb RAM
2x 3Com 905TX-M NIC's (1xLAN, 1x WAN connected to Motorola cable modem)
1x Linksys WMP54GS (wireless PCI NIC) but the system does not see this card
CD to boot m0n0wall from and a floppy  to store.

Thanx in advance!

Harbert