[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] I'm needing help with m0n0wall and Netopia
 Date:  Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:05:52 -0400
On 7/9/07, Jakob Strebel <jakob at teamstrebel dot ch> wrote:

> > I'm working with m0n0wall since 1-2 years. Today my provider (bluewin)
> > had the connection modified and now I've a new Modem/router for my
> > connection (a Netopia 3357) and the security is with the macadress of
> > this netopia made.
> >
> > Wenn the Netopia 3357 alone in Network with a computer is, can I in
> > Internet working. But I want the m0n0wall install for the firewall and a
> > VPN.
> >
> > - I set the "bridged mode" in the Netopia.
> I do not know Netopia but I have a similar config
> ADSL Modem in bridge mode.
> My M0n0 on WAN is set to PPPoE.

I think that may be the problem - it looks like the WAN is set to DHCP
when it probably should be set to PPPoE (even though it looks like
you're getting appropriate info from DHCP). I'm not sure how DSL
generally works in Switzerland, but on AT&T DSL with Netopia modems
here in the US, I always set the modem to bridge and the WAN to PPPoE,
put in the username and password, and it "just works".

-Chris