[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jewell, Michael" <mjewell at law dot umaryland dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Isolating users with managed switch
 Date:  Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:32:49 -0400
Here's some quick info for you:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk814/tk839/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

Here's a nice quick config help page for vmps if you choose to use it.
http://www.netcraftsmen.net/welcher/papers/switchvmps.html

Here's some example of how vmps works:
http://www.firewall.cx/vlans-designing-vlans-dynamic-vlans.php

One side note for you,  I believe there is software that will allow you to use a machine as your
vmps server under Linux.  I used to run dynamic vlans under my Catalyst 4006's (I had 13 of them),
I had my syslog server running SolarWinds free TFTP server, with the vmps config file on it, then 3
of my 4006's were vmps servers which would download the config, and answer requests from the other
10 switches.  When you make updates to the config file, you do need to log into each server switch
and issue a 'vmps download' command.

-Mike