[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paulo Meireles <subscribe dash m0n0wall at exxpert dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Running m0n0wall inside VWMware
 Date:  Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:37:08 +0100
I have been running m0n0wall for quite a long time under VMware ESX, and
it works beautifully. It should be no problem to run it under VMware
Server. Just make sure that the virtual SCSI controller is LSI Logic.
If you're running VMware on top of Windows, please be sure to unbind
(disable from the interface) every protocol from the network interface
exposed to the Internet (especially TCP/IP), except the VMware Bridging
Protocol. This way, Windows won't be exposed to Internet traffic.
Equivalent measures should be taken if VMware is being run on Linux.

Paulo Meireles