[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian McEntire" <brian dot mcentire at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  What caused this crash?
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:28:23 -0400
Hi all -
Been extremely happy with m0n0wall and it has been reliable since I
installed it about a year ago.

However, today had a weird "crash" (if that's what it was.) Not sure
if my cable modem crapped out first, or if m0n0wall did. But then on
the screen of m0n0wall, saw these messages:

dc1: watchdog timeout
  (I see the above line occasionally and it doesn't seem to corollate
with probs, never saw the next lines until today though...)

ipfw2 initialized divert disabled, rule-based forwarding enabled,
default to accept, logging disabled
DUMMYNET initialized (011031)
IP firewall unloaded

Could this be a sign of a hardware problem? Or could it just happen if
my cable modem dropped offline? Comcast has been unreliable in my area
lately.