[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sean Hogan <sean at perusesoftware dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple subnets
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:53:32 -0400
These are two totally different subnets...

xxx.xx.175.192/27
xxx.xx.172.248/29

I need to find a way to make both of those subnets be on the same physical interface. I figured I
might be able to use VLAN's inside the m0n0wall software or something

-Eq

Sean Hogan wrote:

> Our WAN interface (Which connects to our wireless gear) has an address
> of 10.1.1.250. The two customers each have blocks of IP's. Customer A is
> on the OPT1 interface has a single /29. The other, customer B, is
> connected to the LAN interface, has a /27 and a /29.

Does he have a real /27 and /29, or addresses in that range in an
ethernet interface?  If he has a router with the /29 IP, and the /27 IP
inside, you need a static route for the /27 via the /29 in m0n0wall.  If
he is multinetting, it gets much messier.  It can be done, but it is a
dirty hack.

			Lee