[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Harald Sauff <harald dot sauff at tu dash harburg dot de>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  operate VPN server on a different IP
 Date:  Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:52:03 +0200
Hello list,

the WAN-device is configured to use address x.y.z.3/25 with x.y.z.1 as
its standard gateway.

The VPN-server should be reachable on IP x.y.z.31, but the firewall
itself on x.y.z.3.
When I configure the WAN-device to use x.y.z.3 the VPN-server is also
reachable on that address. How can I move the PPTP-server to another
address while keeping the WAN-address of the firewall? Perhaps I'm just
too blind to see the obvious way to do it - I'm really sorry if that's
the case.

thanks in advance,
 greetings,
  Harry