I have several users trying to make PPTP connections from behind a m0n0wall
(v1.231) to an Internet-connected PPTP server. The m0n0wall has private IP
addresses for the LAN, a single static IP for the WAN, and hide NAT for
outbound connections. Here's the problem scenario:
- userA connects to site1 successfully
- userB can not connect to site1 while userA is connected
- This is a known limitation when all LAN hosts hide behind only
one external IP, correct?
- userB can not connect to site2 while userA is connected
- I believe this should work. Can anyone verify?
- userA disconnects from site1
- userB still can not connect to site1 or site2
- I believe both should work.
- If we wait several hours, something must get reset or time out
somewhere, because the first user to try to connect via PPTP (to either
site1 or site2) succeeds.
- Rebooting the m0n0wall has the same effect: once the m0n0wall
is back up, the first user to try succeeds.
- Using "Diagnostics -> Reset state" for "Firewall state table"
has no effect.
- BTW I just now asked my users to try the "Reset state"
operation for just "NAT table", and then for both.
Thanks in advance for any insights,