[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] intermittent response from/via LAN iface
 Date:  Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:12:48 -0500
David Burgess wrote:

> The only possibly related complaint I am aware of is that some
> customers are unable to get an address from monowall via dhcp and must
> therefore use a static IP address, but this is relatively rare and
> seems to be a different problem (one that is apparently exclusive to
> Linksys clients, I might add).

I think the DHCP issue is a symptom of the problem.  The fact that you
have two networks on one collision domain could be adding to this.  What
does your arp table look like during this?  Look at the arp on m0n0wall,
the switch (if you can), the APs (you should be able to here) and the
clients both while functional and while broke.  I am betting a corrupt
arp table in the network.

			Lee