[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jon Eaves <jon at eaves dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Outbound port forwarding
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:22:40 +1000
Hi all,

I've just got m0n0wall installed on a hardware device, and I'm trying to understand
how I can force all outbound traffic to a particular port for SMTP.

My ISP requires all SMTP traffic go via their mailserver.  However, I've got a lappy
that I carry around the place and plug into places that don't have that restriction.

I've had a hand-crafted Linux firewall for years, and what I used was portfw and
some ipchains firewall rules to do the trick.

Basically, I'm looking for a way such that all internal traffic with a destination
of *:SMTP is redirected to mail.sucky-isp.com:25

Clues would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers,
	-- jon

--