[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Israel CQ" <israelcq at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  pppoe compression to speed up connection
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:31:47 -0400
Hello. I want monowall to use ppp compression
over pppoe on monowall.

I was using another box and there, I could set the
compression level adjusting the values of bsdcomp
or deflate with the options min, max.

I already checked the archives and found that the
file mpd.conf contains:

pppoe:
        new -i ng0 pppoe pppoe
        set iface route default
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface idle 0
        set iface up-script /usr/local/sbin/ppp-linkup
        set bundle disable multilink
        set bundle authname "*****"
        set bundle password "*****"
        set link keep-alive 10 60
        set link max-redial 0
        set link no acfcomp protocomp
        set link disable pap chap
        set link accept chap
        set link mtu 1492
        set ipcp yes vjcomp
        set ipcp ranges 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
        open iface

1. How can I edit this in my working monowall? I mean
I don't have a shell access. The only way I suppose is
posible is moving the hard drive to a machine with linux
in it, isn't it?
2. Does monowall support pppd compression?
Can somebody know how to configure compression
on monowall? I would like to increase the
compression level.

Thanks in advance.

Israel