[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Claude Morin" <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: PPTP connections fail for several hours after ending a PPTP session
 Date:  Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:18:22 -0400
Just found this post by Chris Buechler
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=322/75.  With m0n0wall, each
external IP on the WAN interface can support only one PPTP connection.  This
appears to be a limitation of m0n0wall rather than a limitation of the PPTP
protocol.  For my scenario below, this means that as long as userA is
connected to site1, userB can't connect to any PPTP server, even if it's a
different one (i.e. site2).

However, this doesn't explain the behaviour I'm seeing once userA
disconnects from site1.  Shouldn't userB be able to connect anywhere once
userA disconnects and no PPTP sessions exist?

Oh and lastly, I forgot to mention that after userA disconnects from site1,
they can immediately re-connect to site1, or make a new connection to
site2.  This is what leads me to think there's state being maintained
somewhere...

-klode