[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pppoe compression to speed up connection
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:03:58 -0400
On 7/27/07, Israel CQ <israelcq at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hello. I want monowall to use ppp compression
> over pppoe on monowall.
>
> I was using another box and there, I could set the
> compression level adjusting the values of bsdcomp
> or deflate with the options min, max.
>
> I already checked the archives and found that the
> file mpd.conf contains:
>
> pppoe:
>         new -i ng0 pppoe pppoe
>         set iface route default
>         set iface disable on-demand
>         set iface idle 0
>         set iface up-script /usr/local/sbin/ppp-linkup
>         set bundle disable multilink
>         set bundle authname "*****"
>         set bundle password "*****"
>         set link keep-alive 10 60
>         set link max-redial 0
>         set link no acfcomp protocomp
>         set link disable pap chap
>         set link accept chap
>         set link mtu 1492
>         set ipcp yes vjcomp
>         set ipcp ranges 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
>         open iface
>
> 1. How can I edit this in my working monowall? I mean
> I don't have a shell access. The only way I suppose is
> posible is moving the hard drive to a machine with linux
> in it, isn't it?

Easiest is with a FreeBSD box and
http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/downloads/workon.sh

Linux can't write to the file system used so you can't use it.

For testing purposes, see exec.php. Those changes won't survive a
reboot though, for that you need to edit the image.

> 2. Does monowall support pppd compression?

It's MPD not pppd. The MPD site says it does:
 http://www.dellroad.org/mpd  (it seems to be down at the moment but
the Google cache works)

-Chris