[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] block using zonefiles
 Date:  Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:45:25 -0400
On 7/28/07, Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net> wrote:

> Hm, the hostfile I'd like to use consists of 1280 lines, with a
> network range (like 58.14.0.0/15) on each line. I would need a rule
> for each, so that would probably swamp my PII. Won't work.

It'd probably function, but it'd be a real pain to deal with.

> I sure hope Manuel could add this feature. Maybe it would even be
> possible to simply create such a group with a (url) link to a file.

This grouping functionality is already in pfsense, but ipfilter is
sufficiently different that rewriting is probably easier than porting.
The group from a URL or other external location is written in pfsense
HEAD but not well tested yet, it will make a future pfsense release
(probably 1.3). That code again is probably easier to rewrite than
port, though portions might be easier to port. I'd do it myself but
I'm not a developer, just a FYI for anyone with the skills and ability
to add this.

-Chris