[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall version 1.32
 Date:  Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:37:07 -0400
On 7/29/07, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> It is a little slow on embedded and older hardware.

Which isn't fixable, a consequence of FreeBSD 6.x and scalability on
SMP hardware.

> It has some
> unpredictable behavior in some features.

Which? I'm not aware of any verified bug reports that Manuel hasn't
fixed in the last couple days. Hopefully that means we'll see a 1.3b3
in the not too distant future, at that point testing will be much more
useful.

> What it really needs is a lot
> of use, bug reporting and patching.  What you can do is try it, and test
> it.  However, you need to be able to do real bug reporting and fixing,
> not just "feature X is broke!" :)

Even "feature X is broke" would be slightly useful.  :)  Well, if
given in much greater detail and specifics than that.

I think all the bugs have been addressed as of now (at least the ones
that are known), it's probably more of an issue of feature
completeness to getting 1.3 released. The few features on the todo
list are I'm guessing what Manuel wants to see to consider 1.3
feature-complete.

-Chris