[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Claude Morin" <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: PPTP connections fail for several hours after ending a PPTP session
 Date:  Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:32:01 -0400
Hi Lee,

It's good to hear you have it working.  Now all I have to do is determine
what I've done wrong :-).  BTW Chris Buechler's post was from 2003, so maybe
things have changed since then.

In my case there is no connection between site1 and site2.  Each is a
separate customer with no relationship to the other.  For your own multiple,
simultaneous PPTP connections: they're from different PCs inside your
m0n0wall, right?  Let me try my hand at ASCII art (you'll see why I'm not a
famous artist):

            site1     site2
              |         |
              the Internet

                   | WAN interface

                m0n0wall

                   | LAN interface
                 __|__
                 |    |
                PC1  PC2
                 |    |
               userA  userB

So for your setup, you have successfully had a PPTP connection from PC1 as
client to site1 as server, and simultaneously a PPTP connection from PC2 as
client to site2 as server?

Thanks,
Claude