[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Federico Castro A." <fcastro1965 at racsa dot co dot cr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FTP Firewall rules
 Date:  Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:58:16 -0600
Hi

I've been using monowall for my office LAN.

It's running on a Pentium III with 128 MB RIMMS, probably overkill
but that's what I had lying around.

Now I'm setting up a Vantec Nexstar  NAS that I want to access from
outside my office LAN.

I already have port forwarding setup to a  P2P machine which I'm
running test software and works fine but when I try to port forward
to the FTP NAS, it just doesn't work.

I can change the port on the NAS but I'm keeping it default for now.

I also managed to setup port forwarding to gain access to the
monowall WebGui from outside my office, it just looks like it's a
problem with FTP rules or maybe the Vantec NAS has some issues. (it
has the latest firmware).

I'd appreciate some light into this issue.

Thanks

Federico Castro