[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD at uthscsa dot edu>
 To:  "Roberto Greiner" <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Reboot
 Date:  Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:13:01 -0500
Robert,

Can you tell me how you did this?  Are you saying that you have opened
the m0n0wall.img file and made changes to the /etc/login.conf?

I loaded up a test device.  We are using Dell GX150s with 256 MB of
memory and a 256 Compact Flash card as our hard drive.  A freshly loaded
system shows via http://m0n0wallipaddress/status.php, and clicking the
df link that we are already at 93 % full.

I thought we had heard that there was something along the lines of a
memory leak.  Essentially, the applications knows how to accept
everything, but has issues deleting or removing them.  Is this a true
statement?  So if you have the DHCP server running, does it have
problems removing the entry once the computer is offline?  How about
arp?  What is the maximum number of users have you all found per
m0n0wall server?  I wouldn't think 100 or 200 would be too much.  What
is your normal DHCP time? And idle time?

I am not well versed in this and am just trying to learn.  I appreciate
everyone's help.  Through this we are planning on a daily reboot to keep
the file system from filing up.  Let me ask you this, can we expand the
size of root file system?

Thank you all

Dwane