[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reboot
 Date:  Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:11:51 -0500
Atkins, Dwane P wrote:
> OK.
>
> Can someone explain what each of these are:
>
> Filesystem 512-blocks  Used Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/md0c       21758 21086   672    97%    /
> procfs              8     8     0   100%    /proc
> /dev/fd0         2849    50  2799     2%    /cf
>
> I was assuming that /dev/md0c, which is now 97% full, was memory and
> that /dev/fd0 was the compact flash.  What would the /cf be then?

My mistake...  The cf card is mounted, but the image on the cf card is
not.  Nothing is written to the cf other than the dyndns cache and the
config. Root is all in the ram disk, which is 11 meg, no mater what ram
or hard drive you have.  And all my system on the 1.2x core run at
93%...  There was much talk of expanding it, but some people with 16 meg
CF devices had trouble with 16 meg images.  (16 meg binary != 16 meg
marketing)  The point I was making is that with a 1 gig cf card, he
would still be 93% full.  Sorry for being unclear, and yes it is confusing!

			Lee