[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jimmy Gelhaar <jgelhaar at mac dot com>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  More options for PPTP users
 Date:  Wed, 1 Aug 2007 20:19:02 -0600
I was wanting to turn of PPTP access for certain users temporarily
tonight and I didn't see an easy way to do it.

Essentially this is the reason:  I'm working on a system that has
access to VPN users and I need to shut down their access while I work
on the system.  Unfortunately the system I'm working on needs to be
running 'live', so I can't just shut it down so people don't use it.
Instead, if I could just shut down the PPTP access for some of the
users, that would be the easiest.  I don't want to shut it down
completely, because I still need to access through it myself.

My temporary solution was just to change the external IP address of
the m0n0wall and I'll change it back when I'm done.  (All of their
other traffic is going through another router, so I'm not taking down
other services by doing this.

Hopefully this makes sense.  If not, ask questions.  Thanks for any
help you can provide.

Jimmy