[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless doesnt work without LAN plugged in
 Date:  Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:31:01 -0400
On 8/1/07, Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com> wrote:
> I have been hoping someone would figure out a way to get the wireless to
> still work if nothing is plugged into the LAN device.  I use these for
> hotspots and dont always have anything for the LAN to be plugged into.
>
> any ideas, other than plugging it inot a vacant switch?

I've never seen this. How do you have the wireless setup? Sounds like
you have it bridged to LAN, and then of course when the LAN is
unplugged it's bridged to nothing. Otherwise, there are no
dependencies between LAN's link status and any OPT interfaces, though
I guess there's a remote chance it's some oddity in one of the
drivers.

-Chris