[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: multiple domains with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:31:31 +0100
Hi,

>I think you would need to use an additional box running something like
>Squid as a reverse proxy to achieve this.

TBH, I've found Apache with mod_proxy much easier to configure than
Squid as a reverse proxy.  Combine it with mod_proxy_html and you can
rewrite the HTML (if you need to) which Squid isn't able to do.

Squid still rocks as a forward proxy and I wouldn't bother looking at
anything else (I'm currently using it for about 3,500 people and the
machine's been up for more than two years and gets about 1.5M
requests/day!)

HTH,

                                Neil.