[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Albert Lash" <albert dot lash at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Junior Gillespie" <junior dot gillespie at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Punky <punkytse at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mono AP
 Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:47:22 -0400
Hi Junior and Punky,

This is something I'm interested in, but not sure exactly how I'll be
able to help at this point, but I believe I can help.

My current work includes a lot of freebsd, debian, and m0n0wall
research, testing, and development, so my being part of the project
would likely benefit us both - on of my favorite scenarios!

Punky - I've been exploring the idea of a "debian-ized" version of
m0n0wall, and miniBSD, and was so pleased to find out about voyager
linux. For some of the project I've been toying with (like
m0n0jabber), a debian system would suffice, and make things easier to
some degree. The catch is to minimalize it, constrain it (like how the
awesome m0n0wall console only lets you do a few things, nothing else,
i.e. rm -rf / !!), as well as supporting a portable build process,
which can detect various nics, automount from a variety of media (cf,
usb flash, cf pio not udma, etc), load os into ram, mount root as read
only, and use a circular logger, etc. etc. etc. To support a wide
variety of builds, I've been looking at using phing, a php based
builder which uses xml build files. It is modeled after Apache's Ant.

My primary skills include PHP, XML and webGUI design, and I'm very
familiar with debian., and starting to learn more about freeBSD (and
loving it!).

Best,

Albert

--