[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jurgen van Vliet <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WPA problem on 1.3b3 .. WEP works but no connection with WPA
 Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2007 20:16:57 +0200
On 03.08.2007, at 17:05, Jurgen van Vliet wrote:

> Here you go
>
> $ cat /var/etc/hostapd-ath0.conf
> interface=ath0
> driver=bsd
> logger_syslog=-1
> logger_syslog_level=2
> logger_stdout=0
> ssid=MiniTEST
> wpa=1
> wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> wpa_passphrase=1234567890abc
> wpa_pairwise=TKIP

This configuration is correct.

I was able to reproduce this issue on one of my boxes - apparently,
killing and restarting hostapd (with the same config) makes it work
(clicking the Save button on the corresponding interface
configuration page in the webGUI achieves the same thing). I can't
see why this happens though, unless there's a bug in hostapd. And
it's not related to the choice of WPA version, ciphers, or bridging
(vs. routing) either. Maybe it's got something to do with the order
in which things are initialized on boot...

I'm not in a position to debug this at the moment, so if anybody else
wants to give it a shot - please step forward.

Regards,

Manuel