[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Harald Sauff <harald dot sauff at tu dash harburg dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: multiple domains with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:03:31 -0400
Harald Sauff wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> I think you would need to use an additional box running something like
>>> Squid as a reverse proxy to achieve this.
>
> When it is possible to host both websites with one apache installation
> (on one server), then you could use name based virtual hosts:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html
>
> No additional proxy would be needed, and the webserver can
> differentiate requests to the two domains according to the
> HTTP-Request-Header.
>

> HTH,
>  Harry

And until you can make that transition you could always just have the
second domain running on as a virtual on the main server and do a
redirect to the other machine via a different port.  Yes, it's kind of
kludgy, but it works just fine as long as you aren't doing SSL or even
better if you do SSL only on one but not on the other.

--
  Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
  for they are subtle and quick to anger.