[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Junior Gillespie" <junior dot gillespie at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0AP - m0n0Cored Project Launch
 Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:35:39 -0500
Everyone,

Were ever more closer to launch of the new m0n0AP/m0n0Cored project with
feedback and assistance from many! I'm very excited to get this project
underway, and look forward to development of this project.

Here are the minimal requirements I think we need and are starting with for
development:

   - Web presence
   - SVN
   - Forum

Some other things that I don't see to be necessity at the moment, unless I
get enough requests:

   - IRC
   - Mailing List
   - Build environment
   - Individual development environments
   - Hardware (embedded boards & appliances)

We look to be moving toward a Multi-OS solution where various architectures
can be utilized. This in my opinion sounds like a good idea, however, could
be an issue in maintaining. What is everyone's opinion on this matter?

Another matter at hand, is what do we want to call this new project? Do we
want to create a new image/name? Yes, we will still be a project inspired by
m0n0wall and based off of m0n0wall/m0n0Cored, however we need to look at the
options. We'll need a design for our web presence as well, and I know we
have many great web developers, so we need to start getting some ideas
together, and maybe some screenshots and take a vote.

Thanks to all,

Junior