[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] multiple domains with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2007 19:31:02 -0400
> is it possible to "map" different domains with the monowall?
> let me try to explain what i'm thinking about.
>
> i have one static ip adress. behind a monowall 2 webservers are running on different machines.
> it's just a small testing installation. now i like different rules for different URL's.
>
> e.g. the request goes to www.myfirstdomain.ltd, the request should be through NAT/Firewall to
Server1,
> a second request goes to www.myseconddomain.ltd, all requests should go unfiltered to Server2.
>
> is it possible to filter requests by domains? is something like that possible in general?

I'm not aware of any commercial or open source firewall that will do
this. However there is a solution in the documentation that may work
for you.
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/thirdparty-apache-virtualhosts.html

You really need one public IP per web server, though that may be a
suitable work around. You could also reverse proxy with a number of
different solutions, Google and you'll find answers.

-Chris