[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Junior Gillespie" <junior dot gillespie at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Adam Armstrong" <lists at memetic dot org>, m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] m0n0AP - m0n0Cored Project Launch
 Date:  Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:47:31 -0500
On 8/4/07, Adam Armstrong <lists at memetic dot org> wrote:

> I'm not entirely convinced that planning to develop an product which
> could sit on one of multiple OSes is a particularly good idea. I think
> it might make it difficult to track bugs and keep development flowing
> properly.
>
> FreeBSD may not be the correct choice though, so I do think it's worth
> while looking at all of the options to see if it's the right time to
> switch to another OS.

Adam, I agree that FreeBSD might not be the best choice for OS, but I
believe that starting out with BSDs and Linux, we can figure out which one
works best for our goals.  The end goal is to replace the current branch of
m0n0wall with this or a similar architecture. m0n0Cored will be the future,
but as of right now, just another distro and/or project.

I'm leaning toward the idea of m0n0wall Unborn or m0n0Unborn. Since this is
the future of m0n0wall. Or we could use m0n0wall Ultimate. Either way, not a
priority.

Anyone want to try and create some logos like that of the current m0n0wall
with a empty Circle, empty triangle, and a filled circle/dot? Maybe
something more futuristic, or steel like?