[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] multiple domains with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Sat, 04 Aug 2007 15:02:32 -0400
Chris Buechler wrote:
>> is it possible to "map" different domains with the monowall?
>> let me try to explain what i'm thinking about.
>>
>> i have one static ip adress. behind a monowall 2 webservers are running on different machines.
>> it's just a small testing installation. now i like different rules for different URL's.
>>
>> e.g. the request goes to www.myfirstdomain.ltd, the request should be through NAT/Firewall to
Server1,
>> a second request goes to www.myseconddomain.ltd, all requests should go unfiltered to Server2.
>>
>> is it possible to filter requests by domains? is something like that possible in general?
>>

> I'm not aware of any commercial or open source firewall that will do
> this. However there is a solution in the documentation that may work
> for you.
> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/thirdparty-apache-virtualhosts.html
>
> You really need one public IP per web server, though that may be a
> suitable work around. You could also reverse proxy with a number of
> different solutions, Google and you'll find answers.
>
> -Chris

I think that IPCop with the Layer7 addon will do this.  I haven't used
it with that addon, but it is available.  I use a different method for
separating my web servers.  Also, I know that Microsoft's ISA server and
any of the appliances built off of it will do this.  The main thing in
question is that you have to have layer 7 access to provide the
functionality.

--
  Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
  for they are subtle and quick to anger.