[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <lists at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Semi-managed switches
 Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2007 00:08:25 +0100
Greetings list,

Not a directly m0n0wall-related request, but I'm sure plenty of people here use such things so seems
like a good place to ask.

What are folks' recommendations for good semi-managed, cost-effective gigabit switches at the
moment? By "semi-managed" I mean features like port trunking, VLANs, etc, but not necessarily the
full management control a true layer 3 switch would give you.

Has anyone experience with things like the Netgear "smart switches" or Linksys "webview" switches?

Essentially, I'm trying to find the most cost-effective way of getting VLAN-capable switches for a
site, without the financial overhead of a true managed switch.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it