[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] m0n0AP - m0n0Cored Project Launch
 Date:  Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:38:56 -0500
Alex M wrote:
> This gets me completely confused!

This may or may not help.  And it is only my take on it which could be
totally wrong. :)

> Ok lets brake this down!

Breaking it is the easy part!  It is way pre-alpha!

> MonoAP = MonoCored (version of  monowall based on modular Linux, + more
> developed AP functionality)

m0n0core is the framework for the system.  m0n0ap is a plugin to that
system.  There could be other plugins, like m0n0squid or m0n0mail.

> MonoUnborn = same old mono ported to all other OS?

Is the project name for this.  Like Ubuntu is a project name for a type
of Linux, a package system (apt) a repository system, and a loose
collection of nutcases. (ubuntuforums.org) ((I go by houstonbofh there))
  Think "GNU = GNU in Not Unix" where m0n0unborn is not m0n0wall.
m0n0core + addins will eventually be, but it will be 1.4 or 1.5 or later
if at all.

			Lee