[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 
 From:  Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Upgrading to 1.3b3 over slow link issue
 Date:  Wed, 08 Aug 2007 11:07:58 -0400
I was upgrading from 1.231.  It appears that after about 5 minutes or so 
the monowall system ends the transmission with a FIN packet.  The upload 
speed was around 12 to 15KBytes/sec.  I tried messing with the timeouts 
in PHP but I still did not get it to work.  I uploaded it over the LAN 
and it worked.  The filesystem was not full either so that was not it. 
As a side note I noticed that every time it failed I had to manually use 
exec.php to remove the temporary files that were left over(that didn't 
help though because only 5 to 6 Megs got transfered.

I tried using the timeouts below in /usr/local/lib/php.ini by copying a 
new version over with exec.php as an experiment but it still didn't 
work.  Monowall still sent a FIN packet somewhere around 5 minutes.

max_execution_time = 900
max_time_limit = 900
max_input_time = 900