[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPAM
 Date:  Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:27:29 -0500
Peter Boosten wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I must have missed the big picture, but what does IP Administration have
> in common with a firewall?

Most people with firewalls use IP addresses.  Many of those are managed
by the firewall.  Some management solutions integrate with some
firewalls.  And there is a common interest for many users.  I am sure a
better solution will soon shake out, and after a few "This works" posts
it will drop off.

However the best reason is that this list is one of the best collection
of knowledgeable technical professionals anywhere.  An occasional off
topic post can lead to some very good software.  This list has actually
pointed me at two projects I am now actively involved in, AimSniff and
zoneminder.  (Also several other cool things I don't actively
participate in)

			Lee

			Lee