[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roberto Greiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Getting the current users list
 Date:  Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:44:06 -0300
I'm having a small problem with my authentication system and Monowall.
When Monowall is rebooted (seldom, but happens), many users are not
properly cleared in the radius box (Freeradius 1.1.6 with Debian Etch),
giving me problems when I try to run a control with the
"Simultaneous-Use" option.

Freeradius has a tool to check if a user is really connected to the NAS
(checkrad), but there is no option available in that tool to work with
Monowall.

Checkrad usually uses SNMP (it can use other tools, like telnet), but
I've checked the SNMP results from monowall, and there is no entry
listing the connected users (at least not in Monowall 1.23). Is there
any other way to remotely get the current user list from Monowall?

Thank you for your help,

Marcos Roberto Greiner

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy