[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Albert Lash" <albert dot lash at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Peter Boosten" <peter at boosten dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPAM
 Date:  Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:58:41 -0400
This thread got me thinking too. I've often wanted an admin tool for
IPs, assets, and services. Today I got thinking that maybe mydns could
be a start. Most IPs have names assigned to them.

I know m0n0wall is a firewall first and foremost, but as more
non-firewall appliances are built off it (askozia, FreeNAS), it makes
sense to me that a m0n0 core exist for extrapolation. That's why I'm
excited about the unborn project, but the more I learn about it I see
the goals are quite different and wider in scope than what I had in
mind.

I'm familiar with the howtos and tutorials available for rolling your
own m0n0wall, and feel there's an opportunity to create a project to
automate the process. Askozia did this to a certain extent with
m0n0dev.php, but I'm thinking of something more like the image
building process used by the wrts, sans gnu make, substituted by
phing.

On 8/9/07, Peter Boosten <peter at boosten dot org> wrote:

My Blogs:
http://www.docunext.com/
http://www.albertlash.com/