[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Harbert, Orange Broom" <harbert at orangebroom dot com dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.3b3 and wireless
 Date:  Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:24:33 -0300
Hi all,

I am currently testing the 1.3b3 version, from 1.3b2. So far I noticed a few
things:
- my USB Linksys wireless is now reconized (ural0), before this was not the
case
- system is slower then under 1.3b2 and also gives more 404 errors in IE
- WEP I can not get to work refuses give IP via DHCP, without WEP it
functions fine
- I have to put the channel from the ural0 on "auto" , when I choose any
channel the system is killed (can not write to MAC registry faults) and
comes in a loop (have to disconnect the USB nic and put back after system is
booted and then put back to "auto"

I'm aware that the Linksys adapters are not good supported and that the
chance is big that the Wireless issues won't be seen with, for instance,
Atheros cards. But it does not hurt to mention here to see if others have
also this experience.

For the rest I have tested some other wireless NICs, but all are not usable
(Linksys WMP54GS (Broadcom chipset), Marvell WLG-1203 chipset cards)

greetz,

Harbert