[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Latest virus kills m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:37:21 +0200
On 8/11/07, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> I use m0n0wall in a lot of hotels.  This means that insecure computers
> are on the network.  This latest virus spawns several hunderd states,
> fills the outbound pipe, and makes the connection slow to the point of
> unusable.  If two infected machines get on, it can lock m0n0wall
> totally.  Any thought on a quick bandage?
>
>                         Lee

Hi Lee,

Any idea yet "what" virus we are talking about here?
I hope you can solve it by simply blocking a particular port/range.
In worst case, a quick bandage while searching for a real solution is
temporary block all traffic from the virus machine(s).
At least your machines stay online then.
Please keep us informed (actually, I know you will)  ;-)

Good luck
Yves