[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Latest virus kills m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:58:52 -0600
On 8/11/07, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On 8/11/07, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:
> >
> > There is no way to limit connections with the traffic shaper is there?

How about dropping your tcp idle timeout on the Advanced page? I don't
know how low you could go without interrupting normal usage, but this
might purge your state table faster than the worm can fill it. And if
it causes some problems for regular surfing then this might be better
than the alternative of bringing the whole system to its knees. Just
look for a balance.

db