[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Latest virus kills m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:14:11 -0600
> "Welcome to our hotel.  Hand over the laptop so we can wipe it out and
> load an OS that won't run malware that will pound our firewall to
> death.  Thanks"
>
> /me thinks that wouldn't go over so well.
>
> ;)

Oh, I don't know. It's all about how you present yourself.

How about, "excuse me, sir, we have a new special offer where we're
offering all our guests a total computer security audit and
virus-proofing. Our IT team is on site and we're so confident that
you'll love it that as an introductory offer we're giving it away free
this weekend. All we ask in return is that if you're happy you tell
your friends and coworkers about it. Enjoy your stay!"

Yeah, it sounds like a lot of work, but on the other hand, I wonder if
Lee would have preferred doing Ubuntu and FreeBSD install on laptops
or taking angry phone calls until 1h47 this morning.

db ;)