[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Latest virus kills m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:20:32 -0600
I think whatever technical solution you end up going with is going to
be a compromise, either in the sense that somebody's internet
experience is going to suffer, you're going to have to put in a whole
tonne of extra time and sweat, or the hotel is going to have to pay up
for more equipment and/or labour.

My point being then, that it's good to rack your brain and consult
with the list and so forth to come up with the best solutions, but
ultimately there may come a time when you have to say to your client
(ie, the hotel or by extension, the hotel's guests) that the situation
is untenable, unmitigable, or will simply require some more sacrifice
by them or their guests.

Or in other words, sometimes the right answer is to just say, "I don't
have any easy answers."

I just thought I would put that out there. The people on this list are
indeed brilliant. Most of the suggestions that have been thrown into
the pot are good ones and I'm sure you'll come to some kind of
solution that works in your situation. It's the meantime that really
sucks.

db